Please send all announcements, fiber related articles, and classified ads for the next issue of The Flyer to newsletter editor Bob Devol (e-mail). Please include all contact information—including name, address (email and/or snail mail), important dates, and/or phone number.
Upcoming Guild Programs:
- September: Sock Challenge — This is not a competition. This is a great opportunity to show what you can do with your handspun.
- October: Stash Bust/Bash — Bring your extra fiber related article to give away, trade or sell. Please make sure that your things are labeled.
- November: Program — Preparing and processing a fleece
- December: No program this month due to the Church craft fair. However we will have a short meeting, bring finger food to share. The Guild will not have a booth at the Craft Fair this year. However, individuals may do their own booth if they so choose.
- January: ROC Day Meeting — Bring finger food to share. There will be a gift exchange.
MEMBER AND OTHER ANNOUNCEMENTS
From Jenny Bennett:
For sale — Toika 60″, 16 harness, countermarche loom with bench for sale $900. This loom is put together with pegs, so is easy to take apart and reassemble and can be used with any number of the harnesses (using 8 now) This is a big enough loom to weave anything you want. I will take lots of pictures before disassembly, will help you put it up, and will even deliver (for a TVHS member). Contact Jenny if interested.
From Nancy Shedden:
Tennessee Valley Fair Volunteers Needed: Please consider demonstrating at the Tennessee Valley Fair (TVF) this coming September. We always draw a crowd and it is really cool for spectators to see how the wool turns in to beautiful yarns; not to mention the variety of wheels and drop spindles to accomplish this task. Please contact Nancy Shedden for further information. Free parking and entry will be provided for the demonstrators.
From Sue Kliptsch:
Sue Kliptsch announced that The Yarn Haven is looking for volunteers to knit helmet liners for soldiers. Yarn Haven will supply the pattern and yarn for a nominal cost. Contact Sandy at The Yarn Haven if you are interested.