Please send all announcements, fiber related articles, and classified ads for the next issue of The Flyer to newsletter editor Bob Devol (e-mail). Please include all contact information—including name, address (email and/or snail mail), important dates, and/or phone number.
- July Meeting Date Moved: The Guild July meeting has been moved to July 12. This will avoid conflicting with the July 4 weekend.
- New Wheel: The guild voted to purchase a new Schacht Ladybug spinning wheel during the May meeting. The cost was $500. Other possible Schacht wheel purchases including a carry case and member Adan Ackerman’s Akerworks bobbins may be purchased to go with it.
- New Library Magazine Subscription: The guild will be getting a subscription to Wild Fiber magazine starting with the fall issue.
- New Library DVD addition: The guild is purchasing DVD copy of the UNC-TV “Folkways” episode that featured Persis Grayson for our library. We will hopefully screen the episode at a future TVH meeting.
- Show and Tell Ravelry Thread: In an effort to encourage the show and tell discussions the guild used to have at meetings, a show and tell thread has been revived on Ravelry. Everyone is invited to share current projects and works in progress as well as comment and inquire about others’ projects.
- Website Newsletters – Due to some e-mail difficulty we have not been able to post the last few months’ guild newsletters. I think the problem has been resolved — hopefully we can restart this service back up again. Thanks!
Upcoming Guild Programs:
- June: Special Event: Show and Tell
- July: Program: Worsted Spinning – Led by Penny Tschantz
- August: Program: Wheel Maintenance – Led by Charlotte Keathley
- September: Program: Supported Spindling – Led by Cathy Aycock
- October: Special Event: Show and Tell
- November: Special Event: Stash Bust
- December: Special Event: Holiday Potluck
- The Tennessee Wool Pool has already taken place earlier in the month but you can find more information about the annual event via the UT Agricultural Extension’s website.