Please send all announcements, fiber related articles, and classified ads for the next issue of The Flyer to newsletter editor Bob Devol (e-mail). Please include all contact information—including name, address (email and/or snail mail), important dates, and/or phone number.
- December Meeting Note: Our December meeting will be held December 13 due to a church conflict on our regular meeting date.
- SMFAF Sponsorship: The Guild will be having a vote during the August meeting on whether the Guild will be a sponsor and cohost for the Smoky Mountain Fiber Arts Festival. The Festival will be April 17, 18 and 19, 2015. We will also be voting on providing 100 hours of volunteer time to help host the event and during the event.
Upcoming Guild Programs:
- September: Program: Wheel Maintenance – Led by Charlotte Keathley
- October: Special Event: Show and Tell
- November: Special Event: Stash Bust
- December: Special Event: Holiday Potluck
- January: Special Event: Roc Day Celebration
From Nancy Shedden:
Demonstrators are still needed for the Tennessee Valley Fair – all shifts. Please contact Nancy Shedden (e-mail)
From Jessica Cantu:
XRX, Inc. announced this week that Stitches South, their annual knitting and crochet event normally taking place in Atlanta, is moving to Nashville in 2015. The show will run from April 23 – 26, 2015 and will be hosted at the Gaylord Opryland Resort and Convention Center.
For more information visit the Stitches South group on Ravelry or knittinguniverse.com/stitches.
Submitted by Sarah Weeks:
I am attaching a copy of our press release with information about the upcoming Georgia Alpaca FiberFest. We have a gorgeous new venue in Columbus, GA, and we hope you will share this information with the rest of the membership. Our vendors are coming from far and wide this year, and we have classes in various fiber arts, including several outstanding spinning, dyeing, and fleece classes. We really appreciate and need the support of your guild!