Please send all announcements, fiber related articles, and classified ads for the next issue of The Flyer to newsletter editor Bob Devol (e-mail).
Please include all contact information—including name, address (email and/or snail mail), important dates, and/or phone number.
- IMPORTANT NOTE: Our July meeting will be held on Saturday, July 11th due to the July 4th holiday.
- SMFAF Sponsorship E-Voting: The Evote for TVHS Guild co-sponsoring the Smoky Mountain Fiber Arts Festival was 87% in favor. There was some discussion raised though in comments, so we will address that at the July 11th meeting. Patty did not confirm our participation with the Townsend Artists Guild yet. If members wish to comment please come to the meeting July 11th.
- Patty was contacted by the daughters of Chuck Shilling, a co-founder of the TVHS Guild. They offered to Guild members some odds and ends of spinning wheels and parts that he had for repairing older wheels. Patty will be bringing those to the July meeting for whoever would like to take them home and use them to repair antique wheels.
- The Spinning and Weaving Group (SWG) is creating a new Teachers’ Directory and inviting spinning and weaving teachers to sign up. The Directory is intended to connect students with teachers and assist shops that may be looking for experienced instructors. Signups are free through December 2016. After then TNNA membership is required for maintaining the listing. To sign up please go to: www.spinweave.org/teachers-directory.
- Volunteers are needed to participate on the Dye Day Committee for our October 3 meeting. Please contact the Dye Day Committee if you are interested in helping with the organization and preparation for this event.
Upcoming Guild Programs:
- July: Program: Spinning silk
- August: Program: Tour de Fleece Show and Tell
- September: Program: Wheel sampling
- October: Event: Dye Day at Patty Benton’s
- November: Event: Stash Bash
From Nancy Shedden:
Small Ruminant Conference: The 2015 Small Ruminant Conference will be held on July 30 through August 1 on the UT Ag Campus in Knoxville at the Brehm Animal Science Building. Pre-registration is required. The cost is $100 per individual or $160 per couple which covers the costs of the training sessions, education manuals, other teaching/instructional materials and lunch all three days. To see the agenda and for additional information please use the following link: https://extension.tennessee.edu