Just a reminder — our February meeting will take place this Saturday (2/2) from 10:00 – 2:00.
This month’s special event is a multi-person plying demonstration. Here’s a rundown of what we can expect from Penny Tschantz:
- Penny will talk about spinning theory with advice from experts.
- We’ll show a few different Kates
- Erin will explain how she does a 3-ply on her shoebox Kate
- Nancy will show how she Navajo-plies on her wheel
- Cary will show plying-on-the-fly on her spindle
- Jessica will show how she plies on her electric spinner.
This should be an interesting demonstration and one that newer spinners in particular may enjoy. A related resource, the “Gentle Art of Plying” DVD with Judith MacKenzie, is in the guild’s library. Interweave also has copies of the DVD and a digital download version available for purchase on their website (and they also have a good sale going on at the moment).
Also, a warm thank you to everyone who has paid their 2013 guild dues! If you haven’t yet paid yours please consider doing so at the meeting on Saturday?
Yearly dues are $15 and can be paid via cash or check (made payable to the guild).